...

Thursday, May 28, 2015

NOTD: Amy by Julep and a Smidgen of Nail Art


Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
I'm not talented enough for true nail art, but every once and a while I want to attempt something, which usually reinforces my appreciation for those with true talent.  Amy by Julep is a lovely polish, both in color and formula.  This dusty turquoise cream applies like a dream and is wearing strong so far 4 days in.
The white accent nail is Butter London's Cotton Buds, another strong performer and great summertime white.  The yellow is Julep's Catrina, which I don't think I've worn on it's own before, so can't really speak to the formula.
Definitely a simple and easy look, but I did have someone ask me if it was a gel manicure and they assumed I'd had it done in a salon, so I'll take that:-)  Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie Shaw:

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Cute flower.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-)I don't know how people do intricate designs freehand - it's difficult!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! You don't give yourself enough credit!! The flower is awesome! And that white is just what I was looking for. Butter London is a more challenging brand for me to get my mitts on, but I'll keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can get your hands on Cotton Buds, I think you'll like it. Seems like whites polishes are tricky, glad I found one I like.

      Delete