...

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Gunmetal Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner by Mally

Disclaimer:  This was a GWP.
I've gotten to the point where I rarely buy pencil eyeliners anymore, because let's face it, I have a glut of them.  However, every once in a while a new one enters my collection, such as Mally's Gunmetal, which was part of a recent 7-piece mystery set GWP from Ulta. 

Initially I was a bit ho hum, but once I swatched Gunmetal, I realized it was slightly different in tone from the other charcoal/steel gray pencil liners I own.  Plus, it has a lovely formula that is super easy to apply and yet stays for all day, smudge free wear.  I had zero transfer to my upper lid, which is a hazard with my hooded eyes.
Gunmetal has a blue leaning tone to it's deep gray that makes it a bit unique to my collection.  If you think of the term "cold blue steel" which refers to a process where steel is partially protected from rust (I associate it with guns, for some reason) and gives metal a blue cast, you get the idea.  Well done, Mally!
Above you can see comparison with other charcoal gray eye pencils that I own:  Urban Decay's Gunmetal (discontinued, and it was giving me problems when swatching, as the tip broke off), Butter London's Earl Grey (review here), Urban Decay's Uzi, Ulta's Clay (review here), and Tarte's Slate (review here).  Mally has 25 different shades of the Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliners ($15), and based on Gunmetal at least, I'm a fan and happy to have it in my ridiculously large collection of pencil eyeliners.

No comments:

Post a Comment