...

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Black Ecstasy Mascara in Obsidian Black by Giorgio Armani

In general, mascaras are not an item that I sink a lot of money into.  I'll pay a lot for foundation, skincare items, palettes, blush, highlighters - but mascara?  I'm just not convinced that the higher end mascaras are that much better than mid level, or even drugstore brands in many cases.
That doesn't mean I'm not excited to try them out when they come my way as part of a GWP or other offers, such as with the Black Ecstasy travel sized mascara that was part of the Armani VIB trio I recently got from Sephora.  I've been using it exclusively for the last 3 weeks, and I really like it.  A lot.

Here's what Armani has to say about it:
"The cylindrical and multi-directional brush captures and coats every lash with 4 patented multi-effect waxes for quick application, volume, length and curl.  The formula features an exclusive color boosting polymer for the most intense black."
My wimpy invisible lashes
One coat of Black Ecstasy
Marketing speak always makes everything sound magical, but here is what I like about Black Ecstasy:  it's easy to apply, non-clumping and non-flaking, and did a good job of emphasizing my lashes.   I had zero smudging, which is pretty remarkable with my oily skin and the hot and humid weather conditions in Mobile.  I notice more length than volume, but overall a really good performer.
Black Ecstasy ($32) also comes in blue (Armani Navy) and brown (Wood), and while I'm still not inclined to spend that much on mascara (I've got a drugstore mascara I like just as much at 1/3 of the cost, which I'll be reviewing soon), I'm glad to have received two of these and will use them both up.

No comments:

Post a Comment