...

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Olive Violetear by Rouge Bunny Rouge


Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I have a weakness for olive green eyeshadow, so it was no surprise that Olive Violatear was one of my choices during HauteLook's sale of Rouge Bunny Rouge products. 
Olive Violetear reminds me of a particularly dirty Vodka martini, which I'm partial to as well.  It has the same murky olive gray tint that results from mixing olive brine with vodka, although it can be built up to the darker olive shown in the arm swatch.
My limited experience with Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadows have shown that different finishes have different levels of pigmentation, with the metallics like Abyssinian Catbird being the most intense.  Both Delicate Hummingbird and Olive Violetear (satin finish) are more sheer yet I like the complexity that comes from the shifts of light on the mica bits.  You can see what I'm talking about by clicking to enlarge the pictures.
Rouge Bunny Rouge shadow single compacts are $25 each and $19 for refills, which makes the HauteLook sales all the more attractive.  I paid $10 for the refills and $11 for the trio shadow case that house the shadows.

2 comments:

  1. Im also a sicker for a good olive and I love abyssinian catbird..so I guess trying another RBR shadow wouldn't be too bad ;)

    ReplyDelete