...

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Empties! Products I Used up in July

A bit late getting my empties for July posted, but better late than never, I guess.  Some of these I've done full reviews on and if so I'll link to them.

I was more familiar with It's a 10's leave-in spray hair treatment, but they also have a line for blondes that includes this Five Minute Hair Repair conditioner ($23).  This blue tinted conditioner worked well enough, but nothing about it really stood out to me.
I really liked the Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water cloths I received as a GWP, but no way am I paying $39 for a 10-pack.  Yes, they are really nice, but so are any number of more reasonably priced cleansing towelettes, which I primarily use after mowing the grass or to degrease my face on no-makeup weekend days.
Loved this super emollient lip balm from Julep.  It was super soft, to the point where the formula may have been better suited for a pot as opposed to a stick.  I mainly used it in the morning while applying makeup to prep my lips before applying lipstick.  This was limited edition and was included in a Maven box, but I wish Julep would bring it back.
Love the Orange & Vanilla Body Butter (full review here), and I will repurchase next time there's a sale.  Good stuff.
I also liked the Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam (full review here) from L'Occitane that I received in a sampler box.  For a travel size, it lasted a long time!
Clarin's Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil is formulated for dry skin and I first started using it in the winter.  I've got oily skin but this did not seem heavy or "too much" for me, although I probably only used it once a week or so due to rotating other facial oils or night creams.  Nice.
I enjoyed the Sephora Face Masks (review here), but doubt I would repurchase as there are too many Asian face masks I'd rather try.  Also used up in July were a lavender shower gel, a Sunday Riley face serum sample, some DHC Q10 foil samples, a Boscia charcoal cleanser sample, a Dr. Dennis Gross Alph-Beta Glow Pad, and an Oscar Blandi hair glaze foil sample.  No true duds this month and more than a few items that I really enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment