...

Friday, August 7, 2015

Tipsy Glossy Lippie Stix by Colourpop

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I picked up 3 of the ColourPop Lippie Stix's back in June, each in a different finish:  matte, satin, and glossy (you can see the matte Toucan here).  Today's offering is the glossy Tipsy, a light peach, or as ColourPop describes it, a light neon yellow peach.  I love light peach lip colors, although I'm finding they can be tricky to pull off.  Let's see if Tipsy goes into the yea or nay category.
The consistency of Tipsy was definitely creamier, more glossy, and with a more dense consistency than the satin or matte Lippie Stix.
I did have some issues with Tipsy settling into my lip lines, although no more than some of the other lipsticks I have in similar shades.  It just seems like lighter shades are a bit more temperamental and benefit from either a lip primer or nude color lip pencil worn underneath.
I found Tipsy to be comfortable for about 3 hours of wear time.  The formula does contain shea butter, mango seed butter, and avocado oil for lip conditioning benefits, which is nice to see in such an affordable lipstick ($5).
Overall I like Tipsy, although I wouldn't say I'm in love. I think it's possible I'm just in love with the idea of creamy peach lips, which no doubt explains my quest to find the perfect peach lipstick.

2 comments:

  1. These lipstix look awesome! I love how creamy the coral shade looks and it suits you lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! ColourPop has some really solid products and at such good prices!

      Delete