...

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Essence Autumn Peach Silky Touch Blush

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Essence continues to impress me with their uber inexpensive line of cosmetics, and Autumn Peach did not let me down.  From the pretty stamped design to the color to the performance, this is a great blush that could easily sell for 5 times it's $2.99 price and still be worth it.
For that $3 you are getting a generously sized warm toned peach blush that has just enough shimmer in it to keep the finish from looking flat.  Pigmentation is good and it does not take a lot of effort to build up color, although I don't worry about overdoing it either.
There is a bit of powder kickup but nothing excessive, and the formula wore for a good 8 hours on my oily skin - in the summer no less.  I like Autumn Peach so much that I want more colors, but there are only 4 listed on Ulta and I need more variety!

I'm not sure what makes this an "autumn" peach as opposed to spring  or summer, but here you can see it compared to the Essence Sunkissed Powder I purchased during the same haul (full review here):
I'm seriously getting to the point where I'm wondering what the mid-range/high end brands have on some of drug store offerings these days.  Maybe I'm just getting jaded, or maybe my 3+ years of reviewing items I purchase is showing me high does not necessarily equal better quality. Now, just release some more colors Essence!

No comments:

Post a Comment