...

Monday, September 7, 2015

OCC Lip Tars on Sale at Sephora: Get 'em Before They're Gone!

Sephora will no longer being carrying Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) and currently has their OCC products on sale at 50% off or better.  This mainly consists of the single Lip Tars and a few sets, so if you are a fan now would be the time to stock up.
I'm officially a fan and took advantage of quite a few sales on sets over the past year, including these Pro's Picks Portables set with 12 mini lip tars.  I never posted swatches as it sold out fairly quickly, but if nothing else this will give you an idea of some of the colors available as singles.
One of the main criticisms of lip tars is that they are hard to reapply on the go in their original tube packaging, but the new Lip Tar-RTW ($15) with a doe foot applicator makes it much easier (just remember a little goes a looooong way).  So, another reason to stock up now would be to make your own portable lip tars (you can see how to do that on this post from Portrait of Mai's blog).  I haven't tried it yet, but it looks easy and given my collection (34?) would be a great way to get more use out of them.

I particularly loved that Sephora had so many sets featuring mini-sized lip tars, as I seriously doubt I will ever make it through a full-sized tube in my lifetime.  I'll miss that.
Lip tars come in 3 different finishes:  matte, stained gloss, and metallic.  The mattes are insanely pigmented and take about a pin head size to cover your lips.  The stained gloss ones are indeed glossy with a more translucent finish and I find I need about a pea size of them to cover my lips.  The metallics are dryer in texture and I like them more for mixing with the other two than wearing on their on.  In fact, lip tars are great for mixing and making your own unique colors:
Digitalis+Nylon+Zhora
 Please excuse any dog hair stuck to my lips.  It's the reality of life in my 3 dog household.
Cha Cha+Zhora+Grandma
I'm currently debating about picking up a single of the orange beauty Kimber but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I'm trying t convince myself I can mix my own between the various oranges from OCC I already have, but I don't know....
Cha Cha+Harlot+Androgyne+Grandma
I'm giving myself a few days to decide about Kimber, but will you be picking up any?

No comments:

Post a Comment