...

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sephora Colorful Ink Gel in Orchid

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Sephora's Colorful Ink Gel blushes ($14) are described as "translucent, long-wearing, buildable gel stains" to give cheeks a natural flushed look. Available in six different shades, I chose #03 in Orchid, a warm pink.  
I apply a pea sized dab on the back of my hand and then use my favorite brush for cream blushes to apply.  It's a small but dense brush that does a great job of blending cream or gel based blushes without disturbing the underlying foundation.
Orchid does indeed stain the skin, and my arm swatch lasted through a night of sleep and some sweaty yard work before starting to fade.  The Colorful Ink Gel formula includes hibiscus extract, which is supposed to both calm and smooth skin.  In fact, it's known as the botox plant.  Who knew?
I find Orchid to be a very realistic and natural looking blush.  It's definitely on the subtle side as I tend towards one layer only.  It does take a few minutes for the gel to dry down completely, but once it does, it wears for a good 8 hours on my oily skin.   Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment