...

Monday, November 9, 2015

Haulin' Haulin' Haulin': What I Got at Beauty.com's 20% Off Sale

It's that time of year, when every retailer under the sun seems to be having one kind of sale or another.  I've taken advantage of several (Beauty.com, Ulta, Clinique), so let's start the show and tell with Beauty.com's 20% off sale.
I love it when Beauty.com's sale coincides with one of their large GWP's, and this time I was able to snag the Ryan Roche Nudie bag ($152 value).  You had to purchase $125 worth of product to qualify, and I'm liking the streamlined and neutral look of this one.

The contents as listed by Beauty.com (click to enlarge), but I did have one substitution:  instead of the Jurlique Age Defying Oil, I received the Jurlique Age Defying Serum.  I'm okay with that.
Did you know Bliss has a new color makeup line? I bypassed the makeup and instead picked up this brush set ($33.60 with discount). I needed a good travel set and this one fits the bill. I'll report back once I've used them for a while.
I must have been in a brush mood, as I also picked up Tarte's foundation brush "the buffer" (($27.20 with discount). Gah, I love the heft of this one and it's dense brush head. It seems to have good reviews so my hopes are high.
I forgot to include this item in the overall haul picture, but I got my first Z Palette ($16 with discount). I needed something to store my new Makeup Geek blushes in, as they all would not fit in my Book of Shadows palette, which is smaller. They still don't all fit, as the large Z Palette can hold 8 and I have 9 of the blushes. Oh well, them's the breaks. Don't they look pretty?
I have flat out fallen in love with the bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadows and I feel the need to own ALL of them.  I don't NEED all of them however, so I'm trying to restrain myself.  This time I picked up Blushing Pink ($14.40 with discount) to join it's brethen Barely Nude, Sweet Spice, and Elegant Taupe. They make my less than smooth lids look so much better.
The biggest ticket item I purchased was Origin's Ginger Pleasures set ($46.40 with discount).  I really, really like the Ginger Essence scent, but find it to be fleeting.  I'm hoping layering the various products will prolong the goodness.  I may have to resort to rubbing raw ginger on my wrists if these don't work. I will if I have to. Just a note:  the set description says the perfume is the Ginger Essence Intensified version, but mine is the Ginger Essence Sensuous Skin version.  I'm a bit disappointed about that given I was hoping for something that lasts longer. We shall see.
I've got to say that Sephora's 20% off sale seems rather anti-climatic now, and I'm guessing a lot of these companies time their sales prior to Sephora's for a reason. They snagged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment