...

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hit Pan On.....Hourglass Dim Light Ambient Lighting Powder!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I never thought I'd be excited about actually finishing a product, but that was before I started collecting makeup. I say collecting because, let's face it, I've got way too much of the stuff and no I'm not addicted. So, to finish something is both rare and exciting!
Brand spanking new
I actually bought Dim Light as a single compact back in September of 2013 and fell in love with it. When the Ambient Lighting Palette ($58) came out not long after, I bought it to try Incandescent and Radiant Light. Fast forward and 2 years later I've hit pan on the palette's Dim Light after near daily use!
When I received the Ambient Lighting Palette I mainly used it as opposed to my single Dim Light, as I liked the convenience of having a highlight and finishing powder in one compact. Radiant Light has received the least amount of love from me for some reason, although it's quite lovely.
The Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders really are something you have to try to appreciate, as pictures don't quite do them justice. I love the soft focus finish Dim Light gives my oily skin, as it does not settle into pores or make my older skin look crepey or mask like. A little goes a long way,as I just tap my Le Métier de Beauté kabuki brush to the surface (not swirl, just tap) and then gently pat the brush on my face. Fortunately I still have my single compact of Dim Light and it should last me another two years.
Single compact of Dim Light
For those that loved Incandescent Light, it's now available in a single compact ($38) with Hourglass's release of 4 new Ambient Strobe Lighting powders. I really like Incandescent Light and have used it a lot, even though you can barely tell from the picture above. That's how long these last.
Source:  Sephora
I may have to wander into Sephora and see what the other 3 colors look like. Interesting note: the new Strobe Lighting Powders ($38) are less than half the size at .16 oz of the Ambient Lighting Powders ($45), which weigh in at .35 oz. Prices be creeping up, ya'll. Makes the original Ambient Lighting Palette's price of $58 not look so bad.
Above I'm wearing Dim Light over Lauren Brooke's Creme Foundation in Cool No. 30 (full review here). Blush is a mixture of Estee Lauder's Lover's Blush and Alluring Rose. On my lips I'm wearing a blend of Estee Lauder's Vanilla Truffle and Nectarine.
Estee Lauder Vanilla Truffle + Nectarine
Highlighter is Lorac's now discontinued Perfectly Lit Luminizing Powder in Spotlight. That stuff is nice. I rediscovered a sample sized version recently after decluttering/purging my makeup stash over the Christmas break and have been wearing it ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment