...

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Pantone Serenity Color of the Year and Zoey by Julep

I know this picture is looking all kinds of Eastery, but it was taken just a few weeks back when Lantana was blooming in my yard. Cause it's been weirdly warm until the last 10 days or so, when it finally feels like winter.
But maybe you need some flowers and if nothing else, Zoey from Julep could be a good choice of nail polish if you like one of Pantone's colors of the year - Serenity.
Source:  Pantone Color
Or, maybe you're screaming Serenity now!  Either way....Zoey's calming blue is a nice choice.  It was a little on the thick side and with careful application you could probably do one coat. I did two with Julep's Oxygen Bonding base coat and Oxygen Performance top coats, which are supposed to allow more oxygen to reach your nails. My nails have been flaking so I'm interested to see if these help. I got about 4 days of chip free wear, which is pretty good.
I'm always drawn to these blues shades about this time of year for some reason.  I think it's a combination of the colder weather and overcast days but not wanting to go the dark and dreary color route.

No comments:

Post a Comment