...

Monday, March 21, 2016

Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Illuminator by Estee Lauder

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Part of the 2016 Bronze Goddess collection by Estee Lauder, the Summer Glow Illuminator ($32) is a apricot hued shimmer designed to bring a glow wherever you decide to use it.  Since I'm a sucker for liquid highlighters, I decided to venture down this lane and give it a shot.
The packaging is a potentially nifty dropper bottle.  I say potentially, as I do not find the dropper does a good job of picking up and dispensing the liquid illuminator.  I've taken to just smearing the side of the dropper along my hand to pick up the liquid, which is workable but puts me a slightly bad mood because IT'S NOT WORKING LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO.
The shimmer particles are very fine and once blended on the skin you get no obvious glitter particles, but rather a subtle glow and brightening of the face.  I've been applying it directly under my foundation and if I peer very closely in the mirror I can see a faint shimmer, but nothing really detectable from a normal distance.
What I have noticed is that I like how it wears under makeup, as at the end of the day I think my skin looks brighter and just a little bit better.  There isn't a "wow" factor, but there is a bit of je ne sais quoi.  Is it $32 worth of je ne sais quoi? I'm not completely convinced it is, but it is pretty and I will use it despite the non-functioning dropper.
So far, I'm kind of 'meh' about the Bronze Goddess items I picked up. One more item to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment