...

Friday, April 29, 2016

The Mega Plush Volume'Express Mascara by Maybelline

Disclaimer:  I received this as comp for participating in a consumer study.
The Mega Plush ($7-$8) is Maybelline's first gel-mousse mascara and contains 40% less hard waxes, which should add up to plush lashes that are not stiff or brittle.  I'm actually more excited about another feature - the flexible brush head- and I'll tell you why.

Source:  Maybelline
I've got small eyes and invariably get mascara on the skin closest to the my lash line, which frustrates me to no end.  I realize it's because I'm pressing against my lashes when applying the mascara in order to fully coat them.  The flexible brush gives just enough that I can still fully coat my lashes without having them touch the lid, resulting in less muss, fuss, and frustration for me.
One coat
The formula goes on easily and is clump free, even with two coats.  It's not a show stopper kind of mascara, but I like how it amplifies my lashes while still looking natural.  It also does not smear throughout the day, which is a mega plus with my oily lids and Mobile's super humid climate.  Available in both washable and water-proof formulas, I have the washable and find it easy to remove with my facial oil cleanser.
Two coats (flash)
I do find the brush too big to use for my lower lashes without making a mess, but I use Clinique's Bottom Lash mascara regularly, so that's not a deal breaker for me.  Quite happy with the Mega Plush!

No comments:

Post a Comment