...

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Empties! Products I Used Up in May

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
The picnic table, my photo backdrop of the last 4 years, bit the dust and is now at the city dump. I'm still figuring out a new setup, but for now, this will do. So let's get this empties party started! I'll be highlighting some items and will provide links to past reviews if available.
This is the 2nd bottle of Julep's Bare Face Cleansing Oil I've finished, and it's growing on me. Julep has such good sales a third bottle will probably be in the future at some point, as it's a solid, economical cleansing oil.
Estee Lauder's Re-Nutrive line impressed me more than I was expecting, although the high prices put it firmly out of my reach.  You can read a full review here.
CosRX is a Korean brand with no frills packaging but solid performing products. The AHA/BHA Clariying Treatment Toner (review here) is a favorite during the warmer weather months, which is about 9 months out of the year here in Mobile.  I've got a 2nd bottle ready to go, and recently bought a few of their other items to give a go.
Neck creams:  necessary or just marketing hype?  I'm not sure I completely buy in to the concept o a separate cream just or your neck, but I did really enjoy sample of the Age Reverse Toning Neck Cream by Exuviance.  It is supposed to restore firmness, tone and definition to the fragile neck and décolletage while helping to correct signs of UV overexposure and aging.  Key ingredients include:
  • Lipo-Amino Acid and CitraFill® help encourage a healthy collagen network
  • NeoGlucosamine® gently exfoliates to diminish the appearance of uneven pigment and dark spots
  • Apple Stem Cell Extract helps preserve healthy skin cells
I liked it enough that I cut open the tube to finish every last drop, but it's $78 for the full size, which is more than I want to pay.
bareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer ($18)works well on my oily lids, and this is the second tube I've gone through.  One thing I don't care or is how small the tube is and how difficult it is to get everything out, so this got cut open as well.  Unfortunately, the formula does quickly harden on contact with air, so cutting it open only got me a few more days use.  I think I'll try something else next time.
The Callex Exfoliating Ointment is gentle but gets the job done, and I like it. Full review here.
I finished 7 sheet masks in May, and the standouts for me were the Snail Bee Hight Content and Donkey Milk Healing Skin Gel Mask Packs.
I'm enjoying trying out all of the masks I purchased recently from Memebox, but I did experience my first skin breakout as the result of the Vita Genic Whitening Jelly Mask.  Perhaps it because I was overzealous and did a clay mask prior to using a sheet mask, but I had lots of white heads the next morning.  Fortunately they cleared up quickly and I'm hoping the other varieties of the Vita Genic masks don't have the same result, as I have 7 masks left.

No comments:

Post a Comment