...

Monday, July 4, 2016

June Favorites

I've never done a monthly favorites before, but I realized that I do have favorites that I gravitate towards and I 'd like to highlight those often unsung heroes. Some of these items are things I use on a daily basis and some are items I've rediscovered and reached for throughout the month.
When I first got the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream (original review here) I thought it would be a bit too moisturizing for year round use, but guess what?  It's become my favorite foundation of choice and the one I reach for the most often.  My initial impression was also that it was a bit more sheer than I would have preferred, but I now love the natural looking finish and I can just use a spot concealer on the areas that need it.  Love this stuff.
I seem to default to a light neutral eye look during the spring, and Too Faced's Shadow Insurance eye primer in Champagne (discontinued) has been my eye base of choice during June.   I use the first 3 shadows on the top row  and the middle brown shade of stila's matte In the Know palette (discontinued) to highlight and give a bit of definition to the crease.
My mascaras of choice this month have been Maybelline's Mega Plush Volum'Express (full review here) and Well People's Expressionist Mascara for the upper lashes and Clinique's Bottom Lash mascara for my lower lashes.  I'm due for a new Bottom Lash, as mine's starting to thicken up.
For brows, I've been enjoying the sample of Benefit's Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel in 1 Light that I received in June's Birchbox.  It's relatively fool proof and gives just enough color with fullness for my mousy brows. 
 For someone who rarely uses a bronzer, I'm really enjoying Lo-Fi from the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani blush palette (full review here).  It's perfect for my fair complexion and does not pull ruddy or too orange.  It's my most used shade from the palette, although I like quite a few of them.
While powder bronzer has not typically been a part of my routine, Clarin's Radiance-Plus Golden Glow (review here) is and I'm on my third bottle. One drop mixed with my SPF is all it takes to keep just enough summer color in my skin and a bottle usually last me a good 9 months.  True love.
Pink lips was another go to in June, and both Tarte's Lipsurgence in Energy (review here) and L'Oreal's Bold Blush (review here) hit that sweet spot.  I'm wearing Bold Blush in these pictures.
My most reached for highlighter in June was Wet 'n Wild's MegoGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals.  My higher end highlighter's got nothing on this one.
Last up is Hourglass's Dim Light Ambient Lighting Powder, which is my finishing powder of choice.  I've already finished the smaller panned Dim Light from the Ambient Lighting palette and am about halfway through the full sized version.  I don't see myself being without this, although I've going to do a project pan and focus on a close second favorite.  Stay tuned for details on that!
Happy 4th of July to all those who celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment