...

Monday, September 12, 2016

My Last Ever Drugstore.com Haul

Disclaimer: I purchased these.
As you may or may not already be aware, drugstore.com and beauty.com are closing at the end of September. They are owned by Walgreens, who is apparently only going to focus on walgreens.com going forward. I've been shopping at drugstore.com for about 15 years now, so I'm sad to see it go :-(
Avene Thermal Spring Water at $1.76 each (regularly $9) 
About 4 weeks ago I was doing my Sunday wake up routine of drinking coffee and checking email when I clicked on a sale notice from drugstore.com. There were some insane deals going on that I jumped on, and the bargain hunter in me was more than a little stoked to see some items marked down 93%. That's crazy good, right? I got everything shown for about $28.
Herbacin Foot Care Starter Set at a $.05 each and still available (regularly $16.99)
I have no idea if this was a glitch in drugstore.com's system or what, but my order went through fine and I settled in to wait for my goodies. The order was split into 2 shipments and the first box with only 2 items arrived in a few days, but the bulk of the order languished in delivery purgatory with no signs of moving. I contacted drugstore.com, they emailed back "so sorry, these items are no longer available, we will refund you".
NIA24 Gentle Cleansing Cream at $2.58 each, regularly $33
About 4 days after receiving my refund, the box showed up on my front steps. I experienced a missing shipment with beauty.com recently as well, which leads me to believe that closing the sites down has messed with their normally reliable services. Or I guess it could be coincidence.
Reach toothbrush at $.86 each, regularly $4.29
Anyhow, receiving my missing box was like Christmas in August, and in fact I purchased multiples of some of the items in order to give as Christmas gifts.
Jadience Purifying Toner at $1.01, regularly $18
I also purchased some staples and a few other items to get my order to the $35 minimum for free shipping, including Palmer's Skin Therapy cleansing oil ($7.99) that Musings of a Muse gave a rave review to.
So long, drugstore.com and beauty.com. I shall miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment