...

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Late Summer Favorites Part 2

Disclaimer: I purchased these.
I've committed to using up all of my current foundations before purchasing a new one, and in doing so I'm rediscovering how much I love the Lauren Brooke Creme Foundation ($29.50). This natural ingredient foundation combines vitamins, minerals and pigments in a 97.5% organic botanical base and gives my skin the smoothest and most natural looking finish.
It's a thicker cream and with my oily skin I do have to set it with powder, but gah, it's gorgeous. There is an impressive shade range of 21 colors, 7 each with warm, neutral, or cool tones (you can see the shade range here).  Surprisingly, I've been wearing Cool No. 30 although I may try Neutral No. 30 once I run out. Love this stuff and I'm pleasantly surprised that after owning this for close to 3 years, it has not gone bad despite the lack of chemical preservatives.
 I'm not a big facial primer user, but I've been using Benefit's Porefessional on the areas with more obvious pores, and I like it. It does indeed fill in pores and give a more smooth appearance to my skin, plus it seems to play with with my foundation. Would I go out and purchase a full size? Probably not, but I've got a few samples that I will definitely use up.
I purchased Kevin Aucoin's Contour Book v. 2 during last years Sephora VIB sale, so I've had it for almost a year now.  I use the Sculpting Cream and Powder the most, followed by the Candlelight Powder.  A little goes a long way with the contour shades and when I'm in the mood for contouring, these are stellar.
I've got to admit that all the hype over Tarte's Double Tape concealer made me want to try it, but it is always out of stock plus Estee Lauder's Double Wear really does suit me just fine. I do not wear concealer under my eyes but doe use it for dark spots/pimples, plus Double Wear does not crease on me when I have tried it under my eyes.  Good stuff and I've got a few tubes laying around from GWP's, so I'm going to resist the Double Tape even when it comes back in stock.
My setting powder of choice for the past few months has been a sample of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.  It is so finely milled and the peach undertone works well with my complexion.  Loose powders are messy as evidenced by me spilling a fair amount when opening this for pictures, but I really like this.
I'm still reaching for and enjoying the X-Rated mascara by Smashbox and Burnished by Le Metier de Beaute was a staple during the hot weather months as a topper for different lip colors.
Now for the perfume oil game: in the mornings I reach in this box and blindly pull out my scent of the day.  It's a great way to use up my Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab imps while also discovering what I like.  A recent like has been Voodoo, with it's notes of myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, lime, vanilla, pine, almond and clove. It's an earthy scent and on me the clove is dominant, but it works - plus I got compliments on it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment