...

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Light and Shadow: November Julep Maven Box

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
November's Julep collection focuses on shimmery, harvest inspired hues.  The two nail polishes I gravitated towards are the sheer holographic nude Carrie Ann and the deep wine shimmer Syd.  I've been wearing variations of these two colors for the past 6 weeks, with nudes on my hands and wine shades on my toes. No telling how much longer that trend will continue, but I'm going with it.
November also saw the release of more Eyeshadow 101 shadow sticks, and I opted for Gunmetal Shimmer and Midnight Blue. I don't have anything like them in my stick shadow collection, which helped me bypass the warmer tones I usually go for.
The formula of the Eyeshadow 101 sticks is comparable to Laura Mercier Caviar sticks, and I like using darker shades like these as eyeshadow bases. These are billed as cream-to-powder eyeshadows, but I think that's a bit misleading. You do have a short time to blend these before they set, but once they set they are budge proof, which is why I disagree with the "powder" portion of the description.
So far I've only played with Gunmetal Shimmer, which I used as a base with a blueish silver Estee Lauder shadow from the 2016 Color Portfolio on top. I like how this look turned out!
I paid $19.99 for my box (I was grandfathered in at the lower price), and used my Julep points to add on Carrie Ann. All total the value of the box is $64, which goes to show how deep of a discount these monthly Maven subscriptions can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment