...

Friday, December 2, 2016

Countdown to Gorgeous Day 2: Tropical Sunset and FOTD

Disclaimer: I purchased this. All links are to past reviews.
Day 2 of the Countdown to Gorgeous advent calendar by bareMinerals brings us a loose mineral powder blush called Tropical Sunset. It did not feel tropical in my house this morning so I decided it was time to turn on the heat, only to discover that my furnace did not want to cooperate. Joy. To. The. World.
I had my inside unit and air conditioner replaced in June, and I'm guessing something connected to the furnace is not operating correctly. Fortunately, the days are still hitting the upper 60's here in Mobile, so I will not freeze yet.

Tropical Sunset is actually a softer pink than you would think from looking at it in the container. It inspired me to pull out some of my loose shadows from bareMinerals, and I ended up using the dark peach Paradise (far right) and burnished brown Coconut Palm (middle) over Maybelline's Leather Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige.
As you can see, Creamy Beige is starting to dry out, but considering it's still over 2 years old and still usable, I've got no complaints. Except that it's limited edition and I can't get my hands on a new one.
For mascara I used Mally's Volumizing Mascara sample over Estee Lauder's Little Black Primer. The Mally's mascara is more wet than I care for and it tends to get a bit gloppy, both on the brush/tube and my lashes. Not really a fan.
I am a fan of my only Christmas mug, which was made by Design House Stockholm for Starbucks, circa 2008.
For foundation I chose It Cosmetic's CC+ Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream, which was a 100 point perk from Sephora if I'm not mistaken. The color match was pretty good and I'd say coverage is more medium than full. I initially used a large Mermaid brush to apply, but the cream tended to bunch up a bit, so I resorted to a damp Beauty Blender to smooth things out. I need to play with this a bit more, but initial impressions are positive.
For lips I went with Vincent Longo's Cupid's Breath to stain my lips, and then topped them with yesterday's Day 1 offering, Trail Blazer. I'm happy to report that the marvelous Moxie gloss formula agrees with my lips and I am enjoying it.
My highlighter of the day is Champagne Pop (bottom left) from the BECCA Champagne Collection Face Palette. After reading about how this palette is being released in other countries now that Estee Lauder purchased BECCA, I wouldn't be surprised if we see it again. The meaning of "limited-edition" is a moving target these days. I'm not complaining, just taking "limited-edition" releases with a grain of salt :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment