...

Sunday, March 5, 2017

#365 Days of Samples: Week 2

Time to see how I did using up samples from week 1 of the #365 days of samples series, and draw seven new ones. As a refresher, these are the items I randomly drew last Sunday from my box of samples.
I knew I wouldn't be able to make it through the 4 hair conditioning samples in one week, as I typically wash my hair every other day. I did make it through 4 of the samples though, none of which knocked my socks off.
I've accepted that I'm just not a GlamGlow kind of girl, as I find all of the samples I've tried rather lackluster and overpriced. The Powermud Dual Cleanse Treatment is $69 for the full size, and the 2 uses I got from this foil sample in no way enticed me  to pony over that much money. I will say I liked it better than the other GlamGlow products I've tried, so there's that.
Hands down, the Phytobaume Hydratation Express conditioner was my least favorite of the 4 samples I finished this week. Can a conditioner make your hair feel dryer than when you started using it? Cause that was my experience with this one. It has absolutely no slip to it, my hair did not feel soft and I could not get a comb through my wet hair. I ended up having to use a leave in conditioner after using this one, and who wants to use two hair conditioners? A hard pass on this one.
The L'Occitane Divine Cream is a middle of the road moisturizer that is way overpriced at $110 a jar, IMO. I'm not one who assumes price = quality, although you certainly hope it does when you are forking out the cash.  I'd certainly use other samples if they came my way, but I've found better moisturizers at far more reasonable prices.
Surprisingly, the Petite Cherie Eau de Toilette by Annick Gautel was my favorite item out these 4 samples. The notes of peach, pear, rose musk, vanilla, and freshly cut grass are perfect for spring, and spring has come early to Mobile. This fruity floral is refreshing and light, and I enjoyed pairing it with a my Pear Wasabi body butter by Nest for more impact. Sadly, on it's own I could not smell Petite Cherie after 2 hours, tops, which means I would not purchase. Perhaps the perfume has better staying power. Pretty, but too fleeting.
Now, let's see the seven new items I randomly drew for week 2! They will join the three items I did not finish from week one, making a total of ten samples I'll be using. I'm excited about these!
  1. Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 cleanser by Philosphy (foil)
  2. BHA Blackhead Power Liquid by CosRX (foil)
  3. Eye Bright moisturizer by DHC (foil)
  4. Reservatrol Lotion by DHC (foil)
  5. Lingerie de Peau foundation in 02N Light by Guerlain (foil)
  6. Primed & Poreless face primer by Too Faced (deluxe sample)
  7. Fumerie Turque perfume by Serge Lutens (probably only enough for 1-2x wear)

No comments:

Post a Comment