...

Friday, March 31, 2017

Sugar Lip Entourage by Fresh

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
I purchased the Fresh Sugar Lip Entourage kit ($48) during last year's Sephora VIB sale (20% off). I've tried some of the Sugar lip tints before, but was interested in trying the lip polish and serum. I'm about to finish the lip serum, so it's time for a review!
The Sugar Lip Entourage was a holiday set and is no longer available at Sephora (I do see it on ebay and Amazon) although all of the items can be purchased separately or in different kits. The packaging was quite pretty and the sizes are deluxe samples, ranging from about 1/3 to 2/3 the size of the full-priced products. 
The Sugar Lip Serum Advance Therapy $36 for .3 oz) is a lip primer that is supposed to nourish lips and improve the definition on and around the lips. Apparently, as you age your lip line gets less defined, and this product is definitely focusing on the anti-aging aspect. I like the idea of a targeted lip serum and I've got to say I've enjoyed using this.
I apply a small pea size to clean lips in the morning, followed by the Nourishing Lip Balm after my lips have absorbed the serum. I can feel a slight cooling sensation after applying the serum, which I found pleasant. I did not find the serum to be particularly hydrating on it's own, so following with a balm helped with sealing in the serum ingredients and hydration. The serum features quite the long ingredient list, with featured ingredients being:
  • Acmella Flower Extract: Reduces the appearance of deep wrinkles.
  • Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract: Helps to improve the appearance of elasticity.
  • Sugar: Acts as a humectant to moisturize and soothe.
The Nourishing Lip Balm Advanced Therapy is a thicker and dryer lip balm. I say dryer in that it does not give a shine to the lips and is slightly waxy in consistency. The full sized version is $30 (.24 oz), which I think is a bit ridiculous overpriced. The size of the balm in the kit is .17 ounces, and I'm only half way through it after 4 months of almost daily use. So, it does last a while, but it's not my favorite lip balm.
  • Sugar: A natural humectant known to prevent moisture loss. 
  • Wild Mango Butter: Helps protect and soften dry lips. 
  • Sea Fennel Extract: Helps to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth and define the lip area. 
  • Hyaluronic Filling Spheres: Help to enhance volume. 
Lip Polish
The Sugar Lip Polish is supposed to be a gentle lip exfoliant and contains brown sugar, Meadowfoam, Jojoba, and Grapeseed oils, and shea butter.  The scrub tastes delicious and does leave my lips feeling smooth and hydrated. I like it and a little bit goes a long way, so I've barely made a dip in it. I only use it maybe once a week, as I exfoliate my lips with a tissue each morning before applying my lip color. This is definitely a more vigorous exfoliate that I probably would not use more than twice a week to avoid over exfoliation. The full sized version is $24.
Nude
The two lip tints in the set are Nude and Rose, and both provide the sheerest hint of color but are nicely hydrating. 
Even though these are the deluxe sample sizes, they contain quite a bit of product. Their are somewhat delicate and can break if you extend the bullet too much when applying.
Rose
Nude, Rose
I also find they do not last very long on my lips, perhaps 1-2 hours at most. I do like that they contain SPF15 and how they taste, but at $24 a pop, they are definitely on the pricey side. But that would be why I like sets so much, as you can usually score better deals. I doubt I will repurchase any of these in their full sized counterparts, but I will look for the lip serum in another set. It's my favorite from this kit, followed by the lip polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment