...

Monday, May 22, 2017

Lipstick Roulette #4: What I'm Keeping and What I'm Tossing

Time to see what I'm keeping and what I'm tossing from volume 4 of my Lipstick Roulette series. My goal with this series is to work my way through all the lip products in my collection and toss those that are no longer working for me. I learned about this by watching Elle S on Youtube, although I'm sure others do it as well. These are the 7 items I randomly selected 3 weeks ago, plus I found the Clinique Black Honey that disappeared from week 2. It was in my yard, having rolled off the table I use for pictures:-)
  1. Natural Matte Lip color by e.l.f.
  2. Paiette Sparklicity Gloss by Tarina Tarantino
  3. Pink Passion Pop Balm by bareMinerals
  4. Femme Extra Creamy Round Lipstick by NYX Cosmetics
  5. Athens Long Wear Lip Gloss by CARGO
  6. Seductive Honey Pure Color Envy Sculping Gloss by Estee Lauder
  7. Pink Truffle Colorburst Lip Butter by Revlon
  8. Black Honey Almost Lipstick by Clinique 
Natural Matte Lip Color by e.l.f.

Natural Matte Lip Color by e.l.f. ($3) is a nice formula but the color does not look good on me - too cool toned/gray for my complexion. So, this one is getting tossed.
Paiette Sparklicity Gloss + Natural Matte
Topping Natural with the Paiette Sparklicity Gloss by Tarina Tarantino helped, and I do like how sparkly Paiette is, so I'm keeping it. Paiette appears to be discontinued, or at least it's showing as "no longer available" when I Google it. The brand in general is no longer easy to find since they withdrew from Sephora.
Pink Passion Pop of Passion Balm by bareMinerals
I'm a fan of the bareMinerals Pop of Passions Balms ($12), and Pink Passion is a great warm weather color for me. It's definitely staying.
Femme Extra Creamy Round Lipstick by NYX
Femme by NYX is another great warm weather color ($4), and while it's not the most long lasting lipstick, I find the formula comfortable to wear. It's a keeper.
Athens Long Wear Gloss by CARGO
Athens was a GWP from Birchbox, and this is the first time I've worn it. It's got enough color to wear on it's own and the formula is comfortable with a decent (3 hour) wear time. I like it and will be hanging on to it. It looks to be discontinued, although you can still find it online.
Seductive Honey Pure Color Envy Sculpting Gloss
Seductive Honey Pure Color Envy Sculpting Gloss by Estee Lauder ($26) features a formula I really like, and it's a nice lip topper either on it's own or over a lipstick. I'll be keeping it.
Pink Truffle Lip Butter by Revlon
Black Honey by Clinique
I like the Pink Truffle Lip Butter by Revlon, but the formula has changed as it did not want to swatch smoothly. While it still smells fine, I had to smooth it out with my finger for the picture, which tells me it's time to toss. I will also be tossing the Clinique Black Honey, as I don't particularly care for the formula , as it's not hydrating enough for me. So, that makes three items tossed and five kept. Progress, slow as it may be, in refining my collection to the items I truly enjoy.
Now, time for the next round of lipstick roulette items! These are the 7 items I randomly selected for the fifth volume of the series:
  1. Stellar Show Off Lip Lacquer by Rimmel
  2. Rose On and On Color Caresse Wet Shine Stain by L'Oreal
  3. Sunset Beautiful Color Lip Gloss by Elizabeth Arden
  4. 022 Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain by Mirenesse
  5. Sukriya Color Lip Balm by nyx
  6. Coral Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer by Smashbox
  7. Candy Apple Colorburst Lip Butter by Revlon

No comments:

Post a Comment