...

Monday, June 5, 2017

#365 Days of Samples: Week 15

I'm back from my work trip but still trying to catch up on life outside of work, but hopefully balance will be achieved soon :-) In the meantime, let's see what samples I managed to finish up in week 14 of my #365 Days of Samples series! If you are not familiar with this concept, I learned about it from YouTuber Elle S, and it's where you randomly select samples from a big box, with the goal of working through your stash.
This week was a bit different, as I chose a variety of samples to take with me on my trip. Here are the ones I used up.

  • DHC Pore Cleansing Oil and Facial Wash: these samples saw me through most of my facial cleansing needs for the 3.5 day trip, but I wasn't wearing makeup most days so that helped.  Solid performers and I've owned a full size of the Pore Cleansing Oil in the past.
  • DHC Facial Scrub: I'm a bit wary of apricot seed scrubs, but this one hs rounded apricot bits and seemed gentle enough while still exfoliating my skin. It's micro-bead free and if you like these kind of scrubs, this one is on sale for $14 through June 30th. 
  • Organic to Green Coco Oil in Vanilla Chamomile: I've been using two other varieties of the Organic to Green Coco Oils for a few months now, but I LOVE the scent of this one. I got two days worth out the sample and it left my skin hydrated and soft after spending time in the briny wind and surf of the Gulf Coast. I will purchase this at some point!
  • Farmhouse Fresh Agave Nectar Ageless Body Oil: I enjoyed using this body oil as well, although there is only enough in the sample for my arms/chest. It smells lovely and is lightweight yet hydrating. 
  • Klorane Conditioners in Blonde Highlighting and Mango: I thought I was bringing the shampoo and conditioner, but no, I managed to bring two conditioners. Imagine my surprise when I realized I had no shampoo, as I had used my other shampoo sample earlier in the week. So, I tried the conditioner method of cleansing my hair, and then resorted to squeezing out what remnants of shampoo I could from my used sample. Suffice it to say I can't really review these properly as conditioners, but I have purchased a full size of the Blonde Highlighting Shampoo and Conditioner, so will be able to revisit them again soon.
  • Bamboo Oil Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner by Hask: I'm a fan of almost all of the Hask products I've tried, and this was no exception. Hask is probably my favorite "drug store" hair care line now. I would purchase the full sizes of these.
  • DHC Resveratrol Lotion and Cream: these are being discontinued by DHC and are currently on sale. They didn't make much of an impression on me, so no interest in stocking up before they are gone. I did make a DHC purchase of some other products that seems to have been stolen out of my mailbox when I was gone, despite having put a "hold mail" on while I was gone. It apparently got delivered by the USPS anyhow, so I have to follow up with them on that one. Dang it.
  • DHC Germanium Cream: I have no memory of this. Perhaps it had gone bad already, so I never ended up using it? 
  • DHC Concentrated Eye Cream: the sample lasted my entire trip and I liked it well enough. Something about it feels rather utilitarian for some reason, but it does perform well. Just not something I get excited about, for whatever reason. I'll continue to use whatever samples I have though.
  • DHC Acerola Cream: I was excited about using this skin brightening moisturizer, as I've used products from the Acerola line in the past and enjoyed them. This cream had gone bad though, so I missed my window of opportunity with it.
  • Colorscience Daily UV Protector SPF 30: this felt more like a tinted face primer than anything, and looking at the ingredients I see that it is heavy on the silicones.  The other SPF sample I brought with me had started to smell like it was going off, so I made do, but I can't say I liked how this one felt on my skin. I'm just not into the feel of silicone. 
I managed to go through 13 samples, which is pretty good! Now, let's see what I randomly selected for week 15 of my #365 Days of Samples series. I'll list the new samples first, followed by those that are still in rotation. The samples that I took on my trip but did not use got returned to the sample box.
  1. Farmhouse Fresh Three Milk Ageless Moisturizer (foil)
  2. Ole Henriksen Truth is in the Eyes (foil)
  3. Ulta Beauty Mattifying Balm (deluxe sample)
  4. Esee Edit Pink Peony Overnight Water Pack (deluxe sample)
  5. Rainbow Road Shea Butter for Body by Farmhouse Fresh (foil)
  6. Waterin Gel Cream by Hera (foil)
  7. Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent (vial)
  8. Skin Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels for Forehead (1 application)
  9. Dr. D. Schwab Flawless Skin Fluid (deluxe sample)
  10. Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel (foil)
  11. Sunshine Oil by Milk Makeup (deluxe sample)
  12. Obliphica Seaberry Hair Serum (deluxe sample)

No comments:

Post a Comment