...

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Skin Serum #5 Antioxidant Boost by Kensington Apothecary

Disclaimer:I was sent this as compensation for a missing product.
Back in October I was sent the Yogi Surprise Lifestyle box in lieu of a bracelet that was supposed to be in my Yogi Surprise Jewelry box but wasn't. I just finished up the Kensington Apothecary Skin Serum #5 from that box and wanted to post a review, as I liked it! Let's take a closer look.
If you are not familiar with Kensington Apothecary (I wasn't), it is a Portland, Oregon based brand that formulates and manufactures 100% natural skincare using organic and non-GMO raw materials. The founder's goal was to create a beauty line which competes against luxury skin care products while also meeting the 100% natural ingredient standards that natural skin care consumers expect.  
The Skin Serum #5 Antioxidant Boost ($36) contains Mango, Maca and White Tea Extracts along with trace minerals from clay. It's a clear, slightly viscous serum that absorbs easily into the skin and purports to be anti-aging, moisturizing, and stimulates collagen production. The only weird thing I noticed was the image on their website shows a whiskey colored serum, whereas mine is completely clear. Makes me wonder if the formula is different, but I can't really say.  


Ingredients: Mangifera Indica (Mango) Distillate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aqua (Water), Vegetable glycerin, Camellia Sinesis (Tea) Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Roiboos) Leaf Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango), Seed Extract, Ficus Extract, Hydrolyzed Lepidium, Meyenii (Maca) Root, French Mineral Clays(Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin), non-GMO Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate.   
I layer products a la the Korean skincare method, so this serum was just one of several products I used on my face. I liked that it played well with others, including my foundation. Antioxidants in skincare help to protect the skin by calming inflammation, firming skin, plumping the skin, increasing blood flow to scar tissue, and encouraging the growth of new cells. There are lots of different antioxidants that can be found in skin products, and green tea is one that has a fair amount of research to back up it's claims. Bottom line, I thought this was a good mid-priced serum and I appreciate it's natural ingredient list. I'd like to explore the brand further!

No comments:

Post a Comment