...

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Artist Liquid Matte Lip Color in Rosewood (105) by Make Up Forever

I believe this was a recent Sephora 100 point perk selection, and since I had not tried this formula I thought I would give it a whirl. The shade Rosewood (105) is a cool toned mauve pink, and the definite grayish undertone had me a bit concerned. Let's see how that worked out for my fair but warmish complexion.
These claim to be a long wearing, opaque formula that is transfer proof yet comfortable. I'd say that is all true for Rosewood, and while it did not survive a meal, it also did not leave my lips feeling parched or worse for the wear. It did emphasize my lip lines but not to the point that it was a deal breaker for me. There is beeswax and avocado oil in the formula, which contributes to the long wear while keeping your lips from drying out.
The color on my lips and swatched does look darker to me than what is in the tube.  I also see a markedly cool and grayish undertone that was not evident in some of the pictures I saw online, but perhaps that varies by skin tone?  It was easy to get opaque coverage and I do like the formula. Rosewood is right on the border of wearable for me as far as the color goes, as it did not make me look dead and I like it's grunginess, although it's not a color I would find myself reaching for often.
I pulled a few other liquid matte lipsticks from my collection that I thought were similar in color to compare, the Megalast Liquid Catsuit in Rebel Rose by Wet 'n Wild and Dopey by Colourpop.  Dopey is more pink while Rebel Rose is definitely warmer in tone and slightly less opaque. Ignore the specks on the corner of Dopey - I was petting my neighbor's standard poodles over the fence while waiting for the lipsticks to dry, and one of them loves to paw me with his huge feet, so that is a few specks of dirt and not something in the formula :-)
A full size of the Artist Liquid Mattes are $20 and I counted 15 shades on the Make Up Forever site. Bottom line, good formula and worth checking out if you are not already sick of the matte lip trend.  I was late on the scene when it came to wearing matte lips, so my tolerance is still there for them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment