...

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Away We Glow Illuminating Powder in Crushed Rose by NYX

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
I picked up the NYX Away We Glow Illuminating Powder ($10) in Crushed Rose back in August, and I've got to admit feeling a little ambivalent about it. On the one hand, it's so pretty to look at and I love that each of the shades is large enough that you can use them individually if desired.
When all four colors are swirled together, the result in the swatch is a peachy pink shimmer that is right up my alley, and the highlighter shade on it's own is quite lovely. So why am I feeling ambivalent?  They just do not really register on my face and lack that skin enhancing quality that I look for.
I'm not really sure why they are calling this an "illuminating powder" and marketing it as a highlighter as opposed to a blush (it's in the highlighter section on the nyx web site).  Three of the powders are matte and definitely look more blush like than anything to me.
So I dunno. It's not a bad product and I really want to like it more than I do. I tried it again today to see if my initial impressions were off, and applying a generous amount of all four colors swirled together gave a shimmery light golden wash on my checks, so maybe it truly is a highlighter.  That will teach me to read the marketing lingo a bit more closely next time. You can see an unblended dab of the highlight on the tip of my nose :-/
In other news, Hurricane Nate left me with lots of sticks to pick up in my backyard, but no loss of power or damage to anything, for which I'm grateful. Hopefully that will be the last of the hurricanes for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment